First note in this blog. I love all of my friends and wouldn't want them to change a thing about them. This has nothing to do with you, but everything to do with me. I have realized something in the last few months. It's also really hard to admit.... I have started to turn into an adult. Sometimes I wonder where that girl in her early twenties was going?
I have felt torn for awhile now. I loved running around all night with my friends and drinking and dancing. I used to love eating a hot dog at 2 am from a street vendor. I used to drive home from a fun night out when the sun was rising. I will never regret any of those times. I have just started realizing that I'm not really sure if I like to do those things anymore. My idea of a night out now is going to grab a beer with a friend and catch up. A good night out would be dressing up and going to have dinner at a nice restaurant . I also like the idea of getting home before midnight so I can still get up at a decent hour the next morning. I actually look forward on weekends to getting up around 7, cleaning the house while I sip on some coffee. Or getting up early to do homework, or make a great breakfast.
Now my friends will say that I am always known as the party girl of group and the one who always had a date to run off to. I loved having that life. Some people may think my behavioral changes are because I have met a man and want to be serious with him. In all honestly, there is some truth to that. He is all that I have been looking for in a partner, and he does make me want to settle down. I also look at it from another prospective, if I will still single right now, would I still be feeling this way. I would have to say yes. I was burned out on dating and wasting my energy on that. I also know that I was drinking too much when I would go out and knew that I needed to slow that down.
The main reason I have the desire to grow-up is for my health. I want to have a healthy body and active lifestyle for many, many years. I know that I am thin and fit and this doesn't have much to do with this. I want to be healthy on the inside. I want to get enough sleep every night so I feel good the next day. I want to drink less alcohol. I also want to protect my body, so I can have a baby when I want to. I have started loving yoga again, and that entertains me until summer hiking.
No comments:
Post a Comment